Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Name's Travis White and I'm Here to Say...

I call 34°8’49”N, 118°14’34”W home, and I'm supposed to introduce myself to y'all. The first draft was overlong and much too boring, so I've shortened it to a small bunch of preferences:

Adult males should be banned from bringing gloves to the stadium. Beach balls, thunder sticks, 'God Bless America' and 'Who Let the Dogs Out' should be banned as well. First forced through the exit, however, would be the moron standing at the bottom of my section trying to start 'the wave'.

So what's to like? Here are eleven of my favorite things: In-the-park home runs, lights-out relief in the ninth, 4-5-3 double plays, bench-clearing brawls, pitching duels, doubles stretched into triples, hustle on easy outs, sausage racing, double-headers, tailgating and squeeze bunts.

Oh, and I once snagged myself a foul off Mark Grudzielanek. Following proper baseball decorum, I gave it to a kid sitting next to me. That'll do.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Uetz said...

Sure, it's great to give the Cardinals a run for their money; but the NL West has not really been the birth place of champions lately. Sorry, Ben.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Dr. Uetz said...

okay, my first comment was misplaced. And I apologize.
Welcome, Travis. And don't ever give a kid a foul ball again.

10:34 AM  
Blogger edwardmcelvain said...

Uh Uetz, your first comment also makes no sense. The Brewers are in the NL Central -- the birth place of the last two NL Champions.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Dr. Uetz said...

Well excuse the hell out of me. Two weeks in the woods with Louis Freeh and we'll see how you feel - crawling out of sedation with little understanding of the world around you.

I think it was a new record, though, for words written about the Brewers. Not even the yearbook is that extensive.

6:38 AM  
Blogger - Mark C. said...

Hello. I have your baseball blog listed on my website and was hoping you could return the favor. It's called Baseball News Headquarters and the url is Http://baseballforum.blogspot.com

Incoming links help to raise your sites in search engines.

Thanks, Mark C.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home