Friday, January 06, 2006

Sigh of relief

Dr. Uetz

Well, Mets fans, we can breath easy - for now. It appears that Manny has no interest in playing National League ball. Let's hope that cures Mr. Minaya of his sick obsession with one of the game's worst defensive outfielders. Can you imagine Manny trying to navigate the vast expanse of Shea? Not only would we have to fork over $19 million each year, we'd need to hire a Sherpa. Don't get me wrong, his bat is great. And I probably would have gotten over my initial fits of rage had a deal somehow been worked out. But knowing now that he doesn't want to play ball in the National League, there is no way I could ever forgive Omar were he to work a deal with Boston. Perhaps he should go to the Yankees.

I've been hearing about Lastings Milledge for a couple of years now. I want the chance to see him play at Shea. I want to experience something that Braves fans get to experience - watching the players from their system carry the team to a division title. Given the choice between being the Yankees, who win the division every year with other teams' players and fail to win the World Series, or being the Braves, who win the division every year with their own players and fail to win the World Series, I would rather be the Braves. I just hope like hell I never have to choose between the two, because I really can't imagine feeling good about cheering for either team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home